Continuous school improvement is an embedded behavior rooted in the school's culture that constantly focuses on the conditions, processes, and practices that improve teaching and learning. Schools use student performance results and analyze data from various interwoven components to develop plans and implement improvement actions to drive education quality and improved student outcomes.
Kaiserslautern MS Mission
Engage and Empower military connected students to succeed in a dynamic world.
Kaiserslautern MS Vision
Excellence in Education for Every Student, Every Day, Everywhere
Accreditation is the act of granting credit or recognition (especially with respect to an educational institution that maintains suitable standards). Educational accreditation is a type of quality assurance process under which services and operations of educational institutions or programs are evaluated by an external agency to determine if applicable standards are met. If standards are met, accredited status is granted by the agency.
Cognia is the accreditation agency for all DoDEA schools and the world's largest education community. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, Cognia brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of three United States-based accreditation agencies - the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA/CASI), Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS/CASI). Accreditation is pivotal to leveraging education quality and continuous improvement.
Detailed accreditation information is provided on the DoDEA HQ Accreditation Webpage.
Schoolwide Site of Distinction 2021-2022 The ONLY School in DoDEA!
Schoolwide Site of Distinction is the highest rating that a school can achieve on the AVID certification rating scale and demonstrates schools' outstanding commitment to their students by ensuring equity and opportunity for all, providing rigorous academic opportunities and implementing superb instructional practices to ensure success for all students.
AVID Schoolwide Site of Distinction: The highest level of AVID implementation fidelity, demonstrating excellence in instructional practice and the promotion of college and career readiness schoolwide. Schoolwide Sites of Distinction are schools that are implementing both the AVID Elective and AVID Schoolwide with high levels of fidelity.
AVID Schoolwide Site of Distinction (SWSoD) Metrics: Process and Impact metrics that help determine AVID Schoolwide Sites of Distinction.
- Process Metrics: intended to ensure that teachers and staff are appropriately trained in AVID philosophy and strategies, WICOR strategies are routinely used, and leadership decision-making is informed by AVID's impact, growth, and level of sustainability.
- Impact Metrics: intended to document schoolwide growth and performance, and to demonstrate an increase in college entrance requirement completion, an increase in rigorous course offerings and enrollment, and the development of a college-going culture, both philosophically and environmentally.
Site of Distinction Process & Impact Metrics are validated and verified through AVID Certification Validation Review of Substantiating Documentation and Site Team Data Metrics:
- Greater than 60% of staff is AVID-trained-Professional Learning in WICOR for college readiness (Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, Reading)
- Greater than 70% of staff routinely using WICOR strategies schoolwide Greater than 50% of School Leadership Team also serve on AVID Site Team
- Greater than 60% of 8th grade students enrolled in or having successful taken at least one course of rigor
- AVID Elective class enrollment reflects a minimum of 10% overall student enrollment (effectively reaching students in the academic middle with rigor + support)
Europe East 2018 Oral Exit Review
Comprehensive Assessment System
In conjunction with the implementation of the College and Career Ready Standards (CCRS), DoDEA is implementing the Comprehensive Assessment System (CAS) that includes all of the assessments that are administered system-wide within DoDEA. These include the PSAT, Advanced Placement, NAEP, and College and Career Ready Standards (CCRS) assessments. All assessments included in the DoDEA Comprehensive Assessment System support student learning, provide information for decision makers concerning instructional programs and services, and inform parents. DoDEA is committed to student achievement and assessments that raise the bar for the students to ensure they are on the path to success.